Don’t forget out trip to the Natural History Museum tomorrow! Slips and $ are necessary to attend. Thanks!
- Homework not due until Wednesday.
Question: ‘Chocolate Milk v. No Chocolate Milk, should it be served in schools?
- 5 paragraph essay
- needs your Pro/Con notes along with the essay
Here is the link to the PRO milk video : Pro Milk Video
Anti-Chocolate Milk Article
- Schools around the world serve chocolate milk — and kids love it. On a recent Australian newscast, investigative reporter Chloe Baker interviewed children about chocolate milk. “The only time I get chocolate milk is when I go to school only,” one student told Ms. Baker, as her friends nodded. In fact, many children only get to have chocolate milk at school — but they get to drink a lot of it there. Some children consume as many as 10 or even 15 cartons of chocolate milk in a week at school. Baker noted that “it’s an out-of-control problem.”
- Chocolate milk has a sky-high sugar content. One tiny carton of chocolate milk has approximately 30 grams of sugar. That is more than a can of soda — and you wouldn’t see schools giving kids Coke. In fact, according to the Coca-Cola company, a mini-can, which contains 7.5 fluid ounces of soda, has only 25 grams of sugar. Thus, a small container of chocolate milk has approximately 20% more sugar than soda.
- Try to set up your notes in a T-Chart formation. Do more research on whichever side you choose.
Please use the graphic organizers from a previous post. You have to explain using facts and information WHY you feel a certain way.
Reading- 60 minutes, logs, and summaries. Students should be reading their fantasy novels and using their Reader’s notebooks to record their notes chapter by chapter as well as any interesting points such as main ideas, characters, and settings.
Math- Chapter 6, pg. 247, Lesson 1, Area of a Triangle
Just look over this material so we can start with fresh eyes on Monday.