Math– Common Core Math workbook pgs. 170-173
Reading– logs and summaries
60 or more minutes in your fantasy books (see which book your child should be reading in a previous post. It will be difficult for many of them to do since they left their books in school).
Students should be writing down their notes in their Reader’s Notebooks- What is going on with the setting? Has the story evolved much from the start? What about your characters? Are there any twists or exciting parts within the plot that you would like to share with the class? If so, mark the pages using a Post-It note or some other means so you can share with the class tomorrow.
Writing– see attachment below.
Ignore the directions at the top of the page for now as we will be working with a partner in class tomorrow.
Complete the following questions at the bottom of the worksheet. I am looking for complete sentences and your own personal thoughts and opinions so this should be easy for you to do.
The future of technology discussion questions…
- Are you generally optimistic or pessimistic about how technology will affect our working
lives and leisure in the future? What might the positive and negative changes be?
- What are the present trends in technology and its use? Which might continue, and
which might change?
- What recent invention or piece of technology will have the most impact on our lives, do you think?
- How do you picture daily life in 2050 (work and leisure)?
- What is your vision for the future?